Book your service
Every day when you drive, you encounter at least some potholes or bumps on the road. This sudden impact, paired with the stress of your car’s revolving tyres, causes the wheels to be misaligned. The process itself is quite normal and is bound to happen with most cars.
Wheel alignment is correcting your car’s tyres angles to ensure that they sit at 90°s in respect of the road. Properly aligned wheels ensure optimum safety and security whenever you drive your vehicle. That’s why at Colemans Garage, we make sure that your car gets quality grade wheel alignment in Alfreton.
Colemans Garage is your go-to wheel alignment garage in Alfreton. Our service is as quick as it is useful. Once you bring your car to our garage, we will make sure that you don’t have to visit another in months. That’s our promise to you.
Now, let’s jump straight into what wheel alignment is and how it affects your vehicle.
The basics of wheel alignment
It’s simple. All four of your car’s wheels are supposed to be straight. If they are not, you need to get wheel alignment service. Simply put, wheel alignment is the process of arranging your car wheels in such a way that they remain perpendicular to the road and parallel in respect to each other.
That’s the ideal fit for wheels of any car. Over the thousands of miles that an average vehicle goes through, encountering potholes and a barrage of other strenuous situations, the wheels fall out of alignment. They either curve inwards or outwards. Although it may not be noticeable immediately, it affects your car adversely.
Despite what it may sound like, wheel alignment is not an adjustment to the wheels themselves; instead, it is for the suspension system of your car.
There are mainly three ways in which your wheel may become misaligned:
• Camber: When the wheels are curved inwards or outwards when seen from straight ahead.
• Caster: When the wheels are curved either way when seen from the top.
• Toe: When the axis of the wheel is tilted forward or backwards.
How and when?
It’s simple to diagnose. You don’t need any sophisticated mechanic’s tools to discern if your car wheels are misaligned. A simple visual inspection will suffice. However, you will find plenty of other indications of misaligned wheels when you drive your car. Here are some of the most prominent signs:
• Your steering wheel will be off centre. Just notice the vehicle emblem in the middle of your steering. Ideally, it should be straight when you’re driving in a straight line. If there’s a tilt either side, that’s a sign for you to visit a wheel alignment garage in Alfreton.
• It may be a bit hard for you to decipher, but if you notice uneven tread wear on your car tyres, chances are the wheels are out of alignment.
• Does your car pull to one side while driving? Wheel alignment may be the one to blame. It’s a serious issue, especially in busy traffic where the margin of error is minuscule.
If you want to know your manufacture’s recommendation on wheel alignment schedule, unfortunately, there is none. That’s because it varies from vehicle to vehicle, mostly depending upon how you drive. That being said, many industry experts recommend doing wheel alignment once every two to three years.
We have a more straightforward and safer solution. Whenever you visit Colemans Garage Alfreton for a tyre rotation or for fitting new tyres, ask our experienced mechanics to check the wheel alignment. That way you can stay sure that your car wheels are precisely in their right positions.
What’s in it for you?
Any money you spend on your car’s maintenance ultimately benefits you. Wheel alignment is no exception. It is a relatively inexpensive service that will ensure the safety of you and your loved ones:
• Wheel alignment helps in fuel economy as out of sync wheels drain more power from the engine, resulting in higher fuel consumption.
• A drastic increase in tyre life is also on the cards. This is the obvious result of uneven tread wear which occurs due to misaligned wheels.
• Like we have mentioned before, misaligned wheels can be a significant safety issue on busy streets. You wouldn’t want something to happen to you or your loved ones, would you?
In a nutshell, wheel alignment is an integral part of your vehicle maintenance schedule. It may not pose an immediate and obvious threat as some other faults (a brake failure, for example), but it’s equally dangerous in the long run.
So, don’t delay it anymore. Bring your vehicle to Colemans Garage, the best wheel alignment garage in Alfreton today.
We’ll be delighted to see you soon.